The cap of Swaffham Prior Mill, Cambridgeshire
Walk Photo 356901
Caption - The cap of Swaffham Prior Mill, Cambridgeshire. A view of the fantail and the cap, the fantail is used to direct the mill sails into the wind. Built in 1857 by local millwrights on the site of a postmill. The Foster family ran it until 1946 before restoration began in the 1970s. It is run commercially and can be viewed on the 2nd Sunday of the month. Inside are two sets of stones, grain cleaner and 3 governors along with other gearing. Flour can be purchased from the miller.
Walk 3569 : Swaffham Prior & Devil's Dyke from Reach
Photographer : Ashley Dace
Use back button to return to the photo gallery lists.